"The Silkworm" Now Available

News
Posted by: Catherine
June 19, 2014, 12:55 AM

The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith, J.K. Rowling's very very close author friend, is now available in bookstores and on e-readers. The reviews for the second Cormoran Strike mystery have us biting at the bit to get our hands on this book. If you have obtained a copy of the book and/or read it, please leave your comments below. Be careful, no spoilers please, just opinions! To read reviews of The Silkworm, please visit Robert Galbraith's website. J.K. Rowling will be making an appearance, as Robert Galbraith, at the Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival to promote The Silkworm and sign autographs. Our favorite author tweeted today:

It's been a looooong writing day and it's time to give my fingers a rest. No writer ever had more wonderful fans. Thank you X

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News News

Just picked up my copy. Don’t bother me for the next 10 hours or so, I’m busy reading.

Posted by Shirkon on June 19, 2014, 04:41 PM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

My copy arrived yesterday and I bought it because I enjoyed the first one featuring this detective.

Posted by Graymayne on June 20, 2014, 02:33 AM report to moderator

Finally finished it and I can’t wait for the next installment of the series. The ending was a bit of a shocker, but well worth the wait.

Posted by Shirkon on June 24, 2014, 01:09 AM report to moderator
Molly_thumb

LOVED The Silkworm. Got it as an audiobook instead of Amazon as they are being so weird about Hachette right now.

Posted by cminmd on June 27, 2014, 11:16 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I have both the eBook (Nook) and the hard back. I love it. Not finished yet, but I will be soon. And then I’ll be ready for the next Strike book.

Posted by Eeyore on June 28, 2014, 07:10 PM report to moderator
Newavatar16_thumb

I’m about half way through (I’m not a fast reader) but so far think this one is even better than the first! Cormoran Strike rocks!

Posted by likehagridonlyshorter on June 29, 2014, 04:27 AM report to moderator
Vdpqtmg_thumb

I didn’t know that it was published until a day after it came out and then my dad took me to the book store and bought me the book so I’m excited to read it!

Posted by Acciobrooms on June 29, 2014, 03:32 PM report to moderator
Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

I pre-ordered from Amazon, and it was delivered to my Kindle right on the release date. Now I just have to find time to read it!

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on July 01, 2014, 06:56 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Read it…. LOVED it…. next pleeze!

Posted by Won_Two on July 04, 2014, 01:47 AM report to moderator
Gvc_thumb
I thought the best part of the first book in what is now a series was the two main characters and their interaction. In this book the interaction didn’t really begin until the middle of a rather long book. While I thought the plot of the first book was a bit gimmicky this one was more straight forward. However, I think Rowling was being too safe, writing about people in the publishing business, something she surely knows well. I would like to see her take on a bigger story, perhaps involving organized crime or some other major criminal enterprise that a private detective might get involved with.

There is a rather odd error on the book. This book seems to be set in 2010. An unimportant background character who is celebrating his 90th birthday got to know the uncle of another character while doing national service. Someone who was born in 1920 would have been just the right age for World War II. I don’t think it was ever referred to as national service.

Posted by garyvc on July 04, 2014, 02:06 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

...Fred and George had put an Enlargement Charm on the front cover of [i]The Quibbler[/i] and hung it on the wall, so that Harry's giant head gazed down upon the proceedings, occasionally saying things like "The Ministry are morons" and "Eat dung, Umbridg