Harry Potter Movie Look-A-Like Contest
Just in time for the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, The Contest Staff has decided to host a contest celebrating the Harry Potter movies. For the month of July we are challenging you to grab your camera and go in search of look-a-likes from the Harry Potter films. Have you seen someone who is the spitting image of Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter, Emma Watson as Hermione Granger or Rupert Grint as Ronald Weasley? Or maybe you know someone who has the Tom Felton/Draco Malfoy sneer of pure-blood wizarding superiority down to a perfect science? All we ask is that the picture be of a Harry Potter actor while in character. That doesn't mean the person has to be wearing dress robes, but we certainly don't want a picture of someone who looks like Jason Isaacs, the actor. We want a picture of someone who looks like Jason Isaacs portraying Lucius Malfoy.
Any character portrayed in the Harry Potter movies is fair game. Just remember for this contest, we want pictures of people who resemble the characters from the movies, not necessarily the characters as described in book canon. For example, James and Oliver Phelps who portray Fred and George Weasley in the movies, are tall and thin while the Fred and George in book canon are referred to as short and stocky.
- Photograph someone who is a look-a-like from the Harry Potter films. Please remember that this is not a costume contest. Though the person may be in robes, we are looking for photos of people who naturally look like one of the actors in the Harry Potter films. In other words, no wigs, serious make-up, etc.
- All photography must be the sole property of the entrant. Any work found to have been plagiarized will be immediately disqualified.
- Please ensure the subject of the photo (if not the entrant) knows and understands that his/her photo is being placed into a contest and could be posted.
- All photography must adhere to a strict PG-13 content rating.
- Limit one entry per person. You may submit up to two photos.
- Photographs may be from digital cameras or scanned "paper" photos, but they must be submitted by email, in .jpg, .png, or .gif format. Paper photos are to be 4" x 6" or 6" x 4" and digital photos of approximately the same length and width. File sizes no larger than 1 MB, please.
- Please submit a short (no more than 100 words) explanation of your photo.
- Please refer to our FAQ if you are not sure of something.
- If you have any questions not answered on the FAQ or would like to discuss this Contest, please come to the Contest Corner forum of the Leaky Lounge.
- All submissions must be e-mailed to email@example.com by Friday, July 31, 2009 at 11:59 pm (EDT). Please put "HP Look-Alike" in the subject line of the e-mail. Please also include a name to be used for authorship (real name or Leaky Lounge name).
UPDATE: The Winners have been picked!
First Place: David Diehl – Harry Potter
Well, for years everyone has told me I bear a strong resemblance to Daniel Radcliffe, Harry Potter. For the last couple of movies I dressed up as Harry and to great reward, everyone else seemed to believe that I looked like him too! The one is highly photoshopped in order to attain the "Harry Potter affect" while the other is just plain old me with my handcrafted wand.
Second Place: Andrew Bates – Mad-Eye Moody
The photos here are from a photoshoot from when I was a part of the cast for the Acciocon HP/Twilight Convention this last April. The hair is my real hair and I've worked long and hard to achieve a similar physique to Alastor Moody. ^_@ (happy Mad-Eye) The Eye is my own creation that is remote controlled and swivels 360 degrees just like the real thing. And when I’m in costume I am always in character. I’ve developed an accurate impression of Gleeson’s Voice, his same determined Limp, and his intense attitude.
Third Place: highland_princess, her friend Dominic – Hagrid
This is my friend Dominic. Dominic causes people-jams and minor ruckuses when we go to Harry Potter events because of his resemblance to Hagrid. When I went to see the first Harry Potter movie in the theaters, I was absolutely stunned when I saw my friend on screen! Then I realized it was Robbie Coltrane. :D
I took these pictures on opening night of "Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince." This is how Dominic looks normally, other than the specially-made Hagrid clothing: this is his natural hair and beard, and he wears no makeup.
Honorable Mention: luna101 – Luna
Ever since the OotP came out, people have called me Luna, because of my resemblance to Evanna playing Luna. I have a unique style of dress, and when carrying my noble collection wand, it is usually behind my ear. I feel that I resemble Luna both in looks and in spirit, as I also get made fun of for my wacky clothes and strange opinions, yet I try to stay above what they say. I also love to paint, as Luna does, and feel that she is a great role-model to those that are bullied or want to be unique.
Honorable Mention: Taylor – Lavender Brown