LeakyNews.com

Universal Orlando Surprises Fans with Access to Wizarding World of Harry Potter After Midnight Screening of "Deathly Hallows: Part 2"

Fan Events
Posted by: Stephanie_J
July 15, 2011, 02:08 PM

Universal Orlando gave Harry Potter fans the surprise of a lifetime following the midnight screening of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" at Universal CityWalk's AMC theater.

More than 3,000 fans were given complimentary access to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter when the film ended at 3 a.m. All 20 screens playing the movie at the AMC Universal Cineplex were sold out. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter remained open for these select guests until 5 a.m.

Images of fans celebrating and entering the theme park in the early hours of the morning can be seen at this link!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

Gryfindor_lion_thumb

WOW, this is so amazing!!

Posted by Patronus 27 on July 15, 2011, 02:21 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

That is a wonderful gift! What a blast that must have been.-D

Posted by 2tal - SpiritMagic174 on July 15, 2011, 02:31 PM report to moderator

I was there. It was cool and very nice of Universal. But the rides were not open and that was kind of a downer,

Posted by PandaRanda on July 15, 2011, 02:45 PM report to moderator

Cool. How nice there was a full moon. How does JK do that?

Posted by sampsongregory on July 15, 2011, 03:06 PM report to moderator

I still need to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter… oh how I wish I’d been there!!

Posted by honigmuffin on July 15, 2011, 03:08 PM report to moderator

Wow haha, check out my review on the deathly hallows part 2 here :)

Posted by thequidnune on July 15, 2011, 03:21 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

PandaRanda, did you get a butterbeer at least?

Posted by Dlcohm7 on July 15, 2011, 03:22 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

That was so nice of them. It would have been a blast being there. At the theeater here all screens were showing DH and the crowd was more then I ever expected. It was wonder being surrounded by Potter peep! :)

Posted by LunaLuver on July 15, 2011, 03:43 PM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

Oh man, everyone looks so hyper and happy in that picture, they must have had a blast. XD

Posted by Mad But Happy on July 15, 2011, 03:57 PM report to moderator

So wish I could of been there would have been an excellent way to finish the evening or should I say morning

Posted by glenda74 on July 15, 2011, 04:05 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Wow. Luckiest fans in the world! Looks like so much fun! I wish I was there SO BAD.

Posted by Smitch on July 15, 2011, 04:47 PM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

I wish I could have been there! Luckiest. People. Ever.

Posted by Elwood J. Blues on July 15, 2011, 05:10 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

A bunch of my pals from the Poll Comments are there…
I am sooo jealous! :+)

Posted by Won_Two on July 15, 2011, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

OMG! I guess that was a very nice place to see the film!!!!!!! What an amazing surprise those guys received!!!! I wonder what they felt when they found out… too bad the rides were not available… @PandaRanda: were at least the shops and The Three Broomsticks open?

Posted by Halfblood Princess on July 15, 2011, 05:15 PM report to moderator
9387883_csua9n9y_c_thumb

Lucky lucky people, our midnight showing had 1,000 people over 2 screens and i live in a tiny town in the UK i thought that was alot! Amazing experience that i’ll never forget and i might have to say it was my favourite film (will need to see it at least 3 more times to make proper judgement) hehe

Posted by Snunkiebrian (Gold Marauder46) on July 15, 2011, 05:50 PM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?