LeakyNews.com

Celebrating Wizarding World's 2nd Anniversary

News
Posted by: Catherine
June 17, 2012, 10:34 AM

Monday, June 18, marks the second anniversary of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Universal Studios is celebrating with the promise of treats and discounted tickets. Orlando Fun Tickets wrote:

Bringing to life the wonder, excitement and adventures of the Harry Potter books and films, this spectacular world has captivated people from across the globe, ushering in thousands of fans on a daily basis to experience all things Harry Potter. And this Monday, as the attraction celebrates its 2-year anniversary, guests can expect even more Harry Potter magic at the park.

And as if all of that wasn’t enough to make the Wizarding World of Harry Potter one of the best attractions ever, Universal Orlando recently confirmed a Harry Potter expansion is in the works, though details have not yet been revealed.

Stay tuned to Leaky for more of the celebration tomorrow!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

O! M! GEEEEEE! I HAVE BEEN TO THE PARK AND HAVE HAD SUCH AN EPIC TIME, BUT I HAVE TO GO AGAIN TO SEE WHAT THE EXPANSION IS!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD OH MY GOSH I LOVE HARRY POTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by katelyner123 on June 17, 2012, 11:56 AM report to moderator
Vdpqtmg_thumb

I want to go so badly! This should definitely be one of my birthday presents in the coming year! I really want to go but I have a feeling that it’ll be expensive. I hope they expand it.

Posted by Acciobrooms on June 17, 2012, 01:02 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

I really want to go… Too bad I live no where near…

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on June 17, 2012, 05:32 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Expansion would be good. As it is, you can definitely see it all in one day. My son went on the main ride 3 times and I went on it twice, even with a long line to wait on. And we waited about an hour-and-a-half to get into Ollivander’s. The only thing we missed was the Flight of the Hippogriff, which is only for little kids who weigh under a certain number of pounds (they don’t tell you this in the advertising). It would be great if they took some of the Hogsmeade shops that are now just windows that you can look into and turned them into real shops that you can enter – not necessarily to buy merchandise, there’s plenty of that, but just to look at stuff that looks like the movie sets. I’d also like to see a lot more roleplayers about – not just Ollivander, the Durmstrang and Beauxbatons dancers and the Frog Choir. And a little bandshell or something where you can listen to live Wrock – or at least acoustic acts like the Singing Crones in the Hog’s Head.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on June 17, 2012, 08:10 PM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

Happy Anniversary! :D Wohooo! I really really want to go there! >.< But still stoked for them! :D

Posted by lovelle on June 17, 2012, 10:01 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Wow, two years aready! Gosh I want to go so badly, I need a vacation! Congrats to all who’ll be there today! =D

Posted by LunaLuver on June 18, 2012, 12:33 AM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

I will be there in 3 hours! Yeah! Was there the first day and was brilliant! The day should be nice.It will be like a big family reunion again! Butterbeer here I come :)

Posted by Dlcohm7 on June 18, 2012, 05:42 AM report to moderator
D_portrait_thumb

Still saving my money so as soom as Elodie and I are 18, we can go! Hope the expansion is done by then!!

Posted by DARKE: Antares Pyxis Black =:) on June 18, 2012, 08:39 AM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

I’ve been lucky enough to go twice and it was AMAZING both times! The first time was so hot and crowded, but still breath-taking as we took in everything. I can’t wait to see the expansion, even though it will mean more money. I think the experience will be worth it!

Posted by Ravenclaw78 on June 18, 2012, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

I’m sad to report that nothing happened today! I got there at 9am, waited till 9:23 the day it was officially opened, and nothing.Went in and asked they said they weren’t planning anything.How could they not? Sorry guys, but I think muggles are running the place.Universal for shame on you :(

Posted by Dlcohm7 on June 18, 2012, 09:22 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

An expansion would be nice ,It was impressive when I went (NEVER will I forget rounding the corner and seeing Hogwarts ,still brings tears to my eyes ;D ) ,but there is not much to do ,unless you want to spend money, other than going on rides (and I only went on the main ride ) but I would like to have seen more role-playing ,or more rides ( A Gringotts ride ,hint ,hint…) Or the shops being open ,not to buy ,but to see like role-playing witchesand wizards doing shoping ,maybe (this is Hogsmead,is it not?)
But being able to see and touch Hogwarts was surreal =)

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on June 19, 2012, 12:01 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Wow… 2 years gone already… The time really does fly by

Posted by Won_Two on June 19, 2012, 10:34 AM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

Hopefully I’ll get to visit in 2013 for my Honeymoon! Please don’t go up in price! lol

Posted by Mad But Happy on June 19, 2012, 03:19 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I havent even been once :/ really wish I could go

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on June 29, 2012, 07:56 AM report to moderator

I’m going this summer and am planning on taking lots of pictures!

Posted by hogwarts-is-my-home on July 12, 2012, 02:20 PM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?