Michael Goldenberg to Keynote at LeakyCon 2009

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
April 21, 2009, 07:00 PM

Today marks 30 days until LeakyCon, our first ever Harry Potter conference taking place May 21-24 in Boston, MA. To celebrate we will have a highlight or an announcement for you every day until then: to kick it off, today we're thrilled to announce another of our keynotes!

The Saturday afternoon keynote will feature screenwriter Michael Goldenberg, who wrote the 2007 adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix!

This is a first-of-its-kind, absolutely unmissable event for Harry Potter fans which promises to be an entertaining and enlightening look at the process behind adapting the world's best-selling series for the big screen, as well as screenwriting and adaptation in general. In addition to Harry Potter, Mr. Goldenberg is the scribe behind the beloved films Peter Pan (2003), and Contact (1997). The event will take the form of a moderated discussion (I will serve as moderator) followed by question-and-answer session.

A ticket to this event includes a high-quality, catered lunch and spots are limited. The event is an absolute steal at $60 and can be purchased at this link. ONLY REGISTERED GUESTS may purchase a keynote ticket so register for LeakyCon now (at this link).

Remember, the main LeakyCon registration includes:

Welcome Feast
Leaving Feast
The Rocking Charity Ball
THREE enormous wizard rock shows with more than 15 bands performing
All in-conference programming
Vendor Room
Podcasts, including live PotterCast, Spellcast, Spinnerscast and more
Film screenings
And a lot more - an unbelievable and unparalleled value. And the entire conference is for charity, benefiting Book Aid International and the HP Alliance. You can see our slate of programming at this link.

Keynote are special events that provide additional insights and programming that are only available at the conference, and you can register for them at the time of your main registration!

IN ADDITION we are running a small competition. Simply Twitter the phrase "Michael Goldenberg, screenwriter of HP5, will be @leakycon2009! http://www.leakynews.com for details!" and one person who does so will win a FREE TICKET to the keynote for themselves or the registrant of their choice (so tell your friends to do it!). Go now! And remember to follow @LeakyCon2009 on Twitter. (If you win and have already bought a ticket, we will refund you: better to buy your ticket now than wait!)

Remember you can register for the conference here; you can get a room at our special rate (running out!) at this link.

Our other announced keynote, Nosh with the Nerdfighters, featuring John and Hank Green of Vlogbrother fame talking about community building and the HP phenomenon, is selling out fast. You can amend your registration to add this event here.

Another big announcement coming tomorrow... see you in Boston!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

Avatar_thumb

Would this be at the same time as the wizard rock show?

Posted by acciolove on April 21, 2009, 07:09 PM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

Twittering away already :D

Posted by Brad Ausrotas on April 21, 2009, 07:10 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

ZOMG AWESOME. Now, mark my words… LEAKYCON 2011 BETTER BE AT LEAST HALF THIS AWESOME!!!!! Awww…. I wish I was going this year…

Wow, this would be really interesting. I know I’d have a few questions to ask him about Sirius… I didn’t know he wrote Peter Pan, which I loved.

Will this event be recorded in anyway?

Posted by Dawlish and the Archies {WBM!} on April 21, 2009, 07:10 PM report to moderator
N48913080_45953965_1570820_thumb

omg this is amazing

Posted by Chad on April 21, 2009, 07:10 PM report to moderator
Puff_thumb

:signs up:

I’m so excited! This is such a great opportunity to get to talk to someone who wrote a Hp movie!

Posted by KimmyBlair on April 21, 2009, 07:12 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

I am extremely excited about this one because I am dying to hear, from an insider, exactly how they decide what to keep/delete/add/change. Should be very enlightening!

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on April 21, 2009, 07:16 PM report to moderator
Potterpuffsi010-vi_thumb

I’m so jealous of everyone who gets to go to LeakyCon! I wish I could!

Posted by siriuslysirius11 {*SQUEE*} on April 21, 2009, 07:17 PM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

Wow!! I’ve just booked my ticket for this!!! AWESOME!!

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on April 21, 2009, 07:20 PM report to moderator
Lunaavvie4_thumb

Oh fun! Hope my parents will pay the extra for that. I’m getting more and more excited!

Posted by katem4 on April 21, 2009, 07:21 PM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

Oh, Melissa, I don’t twitter (yes, I know that’s ironic given my surname :] ) so will a fb status count for the free ticket thing??

Ohh and btw…. SQUEEEEE!!!

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on April 21, 2009, 07:29 PM report to moderator

Ah… Thars kind of disapointing. AND ya’ll raised the pricesince yesturday! What the heckkkkk :/

Oisbjskw

Posted by KaraDawlish on April 21, 2009, 07:33 PM report to moderator

Oisbjskw

Posted by KaraDawlish on April 21, 2009, 07:34 PM report to moderator

I twittered!

Posted by Lily Phoenix on April 21, 2009, 08:02 PM report to moderator
Dscn0756-1_thumb

Yay! I actually got my ticket last night, before the announcement. I feel so big-headed for knowing something before Leaky announced it! Hehe.

Posted by Shane [WBM] on April 21, 2009, 08:04 PM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw0140_thumb

Wow, now THAT’S interesting!

Posted by L. P. Dantas on April 21, 2009, 08:13 PM report to moderator

"We're not discussing anything here, it's too risky," said Moody, turning his normal eye on Harry; his magical eye remained pointing up at the ceiling. [i]"Damn it,"[/i] he added angrily, putting a hand up to the magical eye, "it keeps sticking -- ever si

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014