Lockhart Excerpt Contest
Aug 01, 2010
Lockhart Excerpt Contest
If you were reading Voyages with Vampires,
what kind of excerpt would you expect to read? One you’d read to your
friends, laughing at the absurdity of Lockhart? Or one that would show
how brave he is and make you swoon? Would it be a piece of advice? Or
some great fact? Your job this month is to write an excerpt you’d find
in one of Gilderoy Lockhart’s seven books.
Rules and Guidelines:
- Write an excerpt of 500 words or less from one of the seven Lockhart books assigned to the students to read for Defense Against the Dark Arts. We know there are twelve titles mentioned in the series, but please use one of the seven for DADA.
- Anyone 13 years of age and over may enter the contest, including staff members who are not involved in the judging process.
- One entry per person.
submissions must be the original work of the contestant. Any entries
found to contain the work of another author will be disqualified.
- All entries must meet PG-13 standards of decency and good taste.
submissions must be e-mailed to [email protected] by
11:59 pm (EDT) on 31 August, with “Lockhart Excerpt” in the subject line
of the e-mail.
- Please copy-paste your story into the body of
the e-mail and include a name to be used for authorship (real name or
Leaky Lounge name). Please also remember to include the title of the book you are excerpting from for your entry.
- All decisions by the judges are final.
- The judges will be looking for creative, interesting and canon correct stories that are well written. You may find the “tips and hints” helpful.
- The first place winner will receive a handcrafted wand donated by Wizard Wood Wands (design changes each month) and 200 MyLeaky points.
- Please refer to our FAQ if you are not sure of something.
- If you have any questions not answered in the FAQ, or would like to discuss this Contest, please come to the Contest Corner Forum of The Leaky Lounge.
This contest was suggested by rowena_r. Thank you, rowena_r! If you have a contest you’d like to suggest you can post our idea here. If we use it, you’ll win a Wizard Wood Wand!
UPDATE: The judges have deliberated and the results are in! The winners are as follow:
Place: Malfoy Diva – Holidays with Hags
2nd Place: mgouda – Voyages with Vampires
3rd Place: Lori A. – Year with the Yeti
Honorable Mention: AlwaysME – Year with the Yeti
To view the winning entries, please click each author’s name to read their entry.