Tom Felton Going Back to Leavesden Studios to Do Reshoots

Felton
Posted by: Mel
November 24, 2010, 09:29 PM

LA Times HeroComplex blog is reporting that Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) will be returning to Leavesden Studios to do a single day of reshoots:

“I got the call today,” Felton said Tuesday. “I have to go back for one more day of reshoots. So I’m going back in a couple weeks to do, literally, one more day.”

The “Harry Potter” co-star, who has spent nearly half his life in the role of Draco Malfoy, said he will return to the blond-and-sneering persona for a single day of reshoots for “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 2,” the eighth and final film in the franchise. That film is due in theaters next summer; the final day of principal photography was last June and post-production is well underway. But at last week’s New York premiere of the seventh film there was considerable chatter about the three main stars — Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint – having been notified that they need to come back to Leavesden Film Studios just outside London for a bit more time in front of the camera. Now Felton is another Hogwarts student going back to wizarding school for a bit of post-graduate work.

“I knew that Dan, Rupert and Emma were called in and I was enjoying that, I was joking that, ‘Oh, I got it on the first take so I don’t need any of that, going back to do it again.’ And here I am eating my own words and going back to redo it. They just want to get a couple of extra camera shots. I don’t think anything was done wrong, they just want to cover it more. It could literally be a case of panning the shot five degrees to the left or whatever just to make sure the CGI shot work. So I’m going to go and serve my duty.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

His poor hair having to go back to that horrid blonde. Wonder what they’ll do with Emma’s!

Posted by Celtise [TTW] on November 24, 2010, 09:41 PM report to moderator
20121227075238822000_thumb

Maybe shell wear a wig…And im surprised all his hair hasnt fallen out from being bleached so much!

Posted by MossHorpione on November 24, 2010, 09:53 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lp9f45jqbm1r0sjoeo1_500_large_thumb

LOL

Posted by aval on November 24, 2010, 09:55 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

Hmm.. yes.. I wonder what they will do with Emma!

Posted by holeysaintgeorge on November 24, 2010, 09:56 PM report to moderator
282337_f260_thumb

this would be weird with emma. the very first shots fake teeth…the very last, a wig???!!!! Ah!

Posted by PensievePlotter on November 24, 2010, 10:00 PM report to moderator
Dm_thumb

I wonder if, since they’ll have to give her a wig, if maybe they would give him a wig also? Instead of having to re-do it when it’s almost finally all grown out? Oh well. I’m sure that we’ll find out soon enough. I’m hoping that maybe, just maybe, by them re-shooting this scene that a little more will be added in to give even more of a sense of closure. After all, a lot of people have grown up with them. It definitely needs a proper send off.

Posted by JenniferMalfoy on November 24, 2010, 10:06 PM report to moderator
Pheonix2_thumb

She wears a wig in the scene when it was originally shot anyways, so wearing a wig again shouldn’t change anything.

Posted by Liderc on November 24, 2010, 10:08 PM report to moderator
Muahaha_thumb

Heh. I could almost hear the twisting of the arm in Felton’s voice. :) Regarding his hair, I think he’s mentioned before when it gets too damaged from the dye, he just shaves it off after the movie’s done, and grows back more healthy hair.

Posted by ScottMan on November 24, 2010, 10:14 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

haha that Tom :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on November 24, 2010, 11:55 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Great that they get to meet once again. Tom has to get blonde hair again. I’m wondering what they’ll do to Emma’s hair. they better get it properly

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on November 25, 2010, 12:55 AM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

Its nice to know they are paying for much attention to the film.. having to do a retake to get a couple different angels is more work, and looks like they are happy to do it :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on November 25, 2010, 01:07 AM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

I’m happy that they are trying to get everything just right. After all, it is the last scene of the entire franchise so it has to be perfect! But I feel bad for the actors. They’ve already that it is all over and have said their goodbyes and come to terms with the fact that it is the end. And now they have to go back for just a few days. It kind of diminishes that finality of it.

Posted by Katie_Lily on November 25, 2010, 02:48 AM report to moderator
Mad-eye-moody_thumb

Ah, just when they’ve all said goodbye, they’re going back! Well, I guess I’m glad that they are coming back to make the film just that bit better.

Posted by eccentricalice on November 25, 2010, 05:24 AM report to moderator
Avatars_house2_13_thumb

I’m anticipating Part 2 =) This will be the final movie and the fans(and me of course =P) will be expecting it to be perfect… well, as perfect as it can be~

Posted by shi suisen on November 25, 2010, 05:25 AM report to moderator
781875269_029f43fa6f_thumb
Well… it should be better i guess. I’d really like to hear what they would do with Emma’s hair. A wig wouldn’t be as beautiful as her hair, but, I’m sure we wont really notice, i mean, emma’s acting is excellent so…
Posted by ashim_gryffindor (Roar!) on November 25, 2010, 07:24 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

He was very fond of his wand, and as far as he was concerned its relation to Voldemort's wand was something it couldn't help... However, he really hoped that Mr. Ollivander wasn't about to tell the room about it. He had a funny feeling Rita Skeeter's Quic