Emma Thompson Confirms Return as Trelawney in "Deathly Hallows"

Thompson Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
March 25, 2010, 01:56 PM

Earlier this week, we told you about an article in the Tatler in which Cleménce Poésy implied that Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney) would be in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." Thompson has confirmed in an interview with CBBC's Newsround that she will be reprising the role of the Divination teacher; when asked whether she knew if she would return for the last Harry Potter film, Thompson exclaimed, "I am, I'm in it, I've done it! I've already done it!" Quotage:

Interviewer: Why were people expecting that you weren't going to be in it?
Emma Thompson: I don't know, someone got a bee in their bonnet and said she's not doing it and that was completely false.
Interviewer: So we can confirm that you'll definitely in the final film?
Emma Thompson: I am in it, I've done two days on it and my sister's in it as well, actually! [Joking] And my next door neighbour. You're probably in it as well! If you look very carefully I'm sure you'll pop up somewhere.
The interview was otherwise devoted to promoting the upcoming "Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang," which will be released in the U.K. tomorrow, the 26th of March. Thompson wrote the screenplay and additionally stars as the main character. The actress commented on her enjoyment of working alongside a generally young cast who are "fully present and there," as well as her profound dislike of the process behind the Nanny McPhee mask. The interview on the CBBC website is only available to those in the U.K. and can be found at this link.

Thanks to MuggleNet for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Thompson Interviews News

Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

yah!! so happy she is there.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on March 26, 2010, 03:17 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I’m happy to see her back in DH!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on March 26, 2010, 04:08 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-silhouette_thumb

This is great news! Professor Trelawney is such an important charactaer in the series, and nobody could portray her better than Emma!

Posted by WizardRocker1 on March 26, 2010, 08:54 PM report to moderator
Shoes_thumb

Emma was on tonight’s Jonathan Ross show. It’s probably only available to those in the UK but it is up on Iplayer here http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rqkjs/Friday_Night_with_Jonathan_Ross_Series_18_Episode_10/ She didn’t mention anything about Harry Potter and the interview concentrated on Nanny McPhee. The show also included an interview with Matt Smith who is taking over from David Tennant (Barty Crouch Junior) as the Doctor in Doctor Who.

Posted by Love is the greatest magic on March 26, 2010, 09:20 PM report to moderator
Shoes_thumb

Hmm the link has gone weird. Just copy and paste it into your search box.

Posted by Love is the greatest magic on March 26, 2010, 09:22 PM report to moderator
Magic-book_thumb

I don’t like trelawney, but I like the actress so yeah!! And I wanted to see her throw a crystal ball at the Death Eaters!!

Posted by Dreamer on March 26, 2010, 09:44 PM report to moderator
Hermione3_thumb

It’s great she’s back. I really hope she’ll be in the last bttle chuckin’ crystal balls

Posted by Annie Foster on March 27, 2010, 04:02 AM report to moderator
Hula_thumb

“You’re probably in it as well! If you look very carefully I’m sure you’ll pop up somewhere. " Haha! It’s great she’ll be in it"

Posted by DarthWeetzie on March 27, 2010, 11:23 AM report to moderator
Presentation1_normal_thumb

I’m glad she’ll be in DH. Hope to see her in the battle. :D

Posted by chRiStiNe [(ROAR)] on March 27, 2010, 01:20 PM report to moderator

This is truly great news!!! Hope we see her hurling crystal balls at the bad guys in the last battle! She is so cool!!!!

Posted by hewy on March 27, 2010, 05:57 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

I’m delighted she came to her senses! Though I’m a little surprised that she’s so coy about being in it now – wasn’t it her own PR people who said she wouldn’t be in it because she’d be too busy with her own Nanny McPhee film? Perhaps she sped up the schedule on Nanny McPhee or simply realized that HP fans (and there are a lot of us!) would be disgusted with her if she shrugged off the defense of Hogwarts to be Nanny McPhee (cute, but no Trelawney).

Posted by Agrippa1 on March 27, 2010, 06:35 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

This is great news! I really hope they keep the scene where she is hurling crystal balls at the Death Eaters!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on March 28, 2010, 05:38 PM report to moderator
Littlel_thumb

Just heard her interview on a local radio station, she was talking about HP. She mentioned that they filmed her getting rid of some dementors. I don’t remember that in DH though. Probably Yates making stuff up again.

Posted by littleL on March 28, 2010, 07:48 PM report to moderator

YESSS!!!! I am so excited. It just wouldn’t be the final battle if she wasn’t there to throw a crystal ball and say something ridiculous. SQUEEE!!

Posted by greenfire on March 29, 2010, 12:33 AM report to moderator
Photo02371111_thumb

yay yay yay!!!:DDDD

Posted by haleytttw on March 29, 2010, 10:23 AM report to moderator

"...you will raise your wand -- thus -- and cry [i]'Riddikulus'[/i] -- and concentrate hard on your grandmother's clothes. If all goes well, Professor Boggart Snape will be forced into that vulture-topped hat, and that green dress, with that big red handb

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014