Tom Felton On Aging for Epilogue Scene in "Deathly Hallows"

Felton Interviews
Posted by: Edward
May 13, 2010, 08:28 PM

MTV has released another interview with actor Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), in which the actor comments on the process the cast and crew and undertaking to age their characters for the much talked about Epilogue scene at the end of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows."  In the interview, Mr. Felton says:

"For nearly two months, we've all been doing prosthetic tests and all sorts of preparation for the epilogue.  I've been having some aging training. You've got to walk differently. There's a slump in your walk."
He goes on to note that filming, which is set for June, will take about three days and "[it's] going to be the last big thing that we do. It's going to be on location."  The full interview can be read via this link.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" will be in theaters this November, while Part II will arrive next July.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton Interviews News

Wow, looks like Tom and the others have been working hard. So sad that’s it’s going to be over in a few weeks… D:

Posted by HogwartsHokage on May 13, 2010, 09:11 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Ohh! I can’t wait until the final feature is complete!

Normal_09012004_thumb

i’m even more excited to see who the kids are that are playing the next generation!

Posted by sarahkaz on May 13, 2010, 09:28 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

im so glad they decided to use the original actors instead of getting random new people. it will be sooo much better because of that! :D and um…slump in the walk? in the epilogue they are supposed to be like 25! or like 30! pssh. “slump in the walk.” highly un-necessary.

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on May 13, 2010, 09:45 PM report to moderator
Trio_walking_icon_thumb

Well actually Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Draco will all be 37 in the epilogue, but I still don’t think that warrants a “slump in the walk.” Nor really THAT much aging to their faces. Hmm.. interesting.
But I’m still trying not to cry at the thought of it all being over soon!!!!

Posted by Peverell62442 on May 13, 2010, 10:01 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

Yeah, most 37 year olds have decent posture. I don’t get it either. I am so curious to see what they will look like.

Posted by sgreeter8888 on May 13, 2010, 10:40 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

I want to see picturese of their kids too!

Posted by sgreeter8888 on May 13, 2010, 10:40 PM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

OH MAN! can’t wait to see this scene, im desperate to see pic of them as adults and their kids as well!

Posted by hermy007 on May 13, 2010, 10:51 PM report to moderator
Th_dawn_icons_thumb

I am currently reading DH for only the third time, YES I KNOW ONLY THE THIRD TIME!, and I saw the trailer again and I almost starting crying. all of it is coming to an end with nothing else to look foward too except the “scottish book”. haha but it will be a good end

Posted by hpfanaticfan2011 on May 13, 2010, 11:01 PM report to moderator
Potter07_thumb

Erm… they’re only supposed to be 36 (17 + 19), not 96.

Posted by accioangela on May 13, 2010, 11:29 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

i want to see this

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on May 13, 2010, 11:48 PM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

Wow! I can’t wait to see it!

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on May 14, 2010, 12:11 AM report to moderator
186087_1721944089_7979824_n_thumb

It’s really end now. I’m going to miss everyone in Harry Potter, from the start up to end, especially the characters and the magical world. Love you all guys.

Posted by blessi on May 14, 2010, 12:30 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Okay I don’t get the “slump in your walk” thing… I mean they are only going to be in their 30s. They are not going to be in their 50s (at least I hope so)! Well I still look forward to seeing the Epilogue on screen and hopefully they do this well. :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on May 14, 2010, 12:32 AM report to moderator

Heya, I ll be 50 in a few months, and I m still walking like a Fairy! When I was 18,it was definetely mor gnommish! So watch out, Malfoy!!! ( Anyway, makes me wonder what they put in that epilogue. As far as I remember, Malfoy stands on 9 3/4with his wife and son, and it s nothing more than eye contact…)

Posted by Giant Fairy on May 14, 2010, 01:03 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I really should go and prepare my next class --"[br]And he hurried off.[br]"Prepare his class," Ron sneered after him. "Gone to curl his hair, more like."