History of a Special Friendship
Mar 01, 2012
History of a Special Friendship Contest
Our contest this month comes from the brilliant mind of Lady Princess! She wins a Wizard Wood Wand for suggesting the idea and us using it. If you have a contest idea and would like to suggest it, please check out our Brainstorming for Ideas thread on The Leaky Lounge
Ever wonder how Dumbledore came to know Fawkes? Where Hagrid found Fang?
Or imagine what Filch would be like without Mrs. Norris? For centuries
man has sought the comfort and joy that comes with pet companionship and
it seems witches and wizards are no different.
This month your task is to research one dynamic duo of witch/wizard and
their creature companion and tell us all, in 500 words or less, how they
met. Get creative and try to discover all the juicy details like who
found whom, and why they were drawn together in the first place, and
maybe you’ll even learn the answer to some of our burning questions like
why Neville’s frog Trevor is always wandering off, and what’s the real
deal behind Aberforth and his goats?
So scurry off and see what you find then come on back and tell the tale.
- Anyone 13 years of age and over may enter the contest, including staff members who are not involved in the judging process.
- One entry per person.
submissions must be the original work of a single contestant. Any
entries found to contain the work of another author will be
- All entries must meet PG-13 standards of decency and good taste.
- All decisions by the judges are final.
- The first place winner will receive a handcrafted wand (design changes each month) and a copy of the book The Practitioners Guide to Wand Magic by William C. Wilson, both donated by Wizard Wood Wands,
as well as 200 MyLeaky points. Second, third, and honorable mention(s)
will receive 150, 100, and 50 MyLeaky points respectively.
- Please refer to our FAQ if you are not sure of something.
- If you have any questions not answered in the FAQ, or would like to discuss this Contest, please come to the Contest Corner Forum of The Leaky Lounge.
- In 500 words or less write a story of how a witch/wizard and their creature companion (mentioned in the books) met.
submission must be e-mailed to [email protected] by 11:59
pm (EDT) on 31 March, with “History of a Special Friendship” in the
subject line of the e-mail.
- Please copy-paste your
description into the body of the e-mail and include a name to be used
for authorship. You may use your real name or your Leaky Lounge name.
UPDATE: Winners have been picked! Please click on the winner’s name to be redirect to his/her winning entry. Congratulations to all!