January 2011 Craft-Along
Taking Crafty Resolutions¦ And Keeping Them!
The beginning of a new year typically brings with it a will to improve our life and change things that you don't like. For a lot of us, crafts are no exceptions.
So we challenge you to make a crafty resolution in 2011¦ and keep it! And to make sure you do, well we'll keep this craft-along going throughout the year and award incrementing MyLeaky points to reward your efforts! All you have to do is let us know at least once a month about the progress you've made! Our goal is for you to succeed in what you've resolved to accomplish in 2011.
What are the crafty resolutions you can take in 2011? Well there are many options:
- You can, like Crafty Witch Jenn, decide to reread the whole HP series and find new crafty inspiration there.
- You can decide to try mastering a new craft this year. If you'd like to give quilting a try, for example, you can join former Crafty Witch Jennifer's Project of Doom, which will get you a fully completed quilt at the end of approximately 30 weeks. You can also have a look at all the patterns and tutorials on Leaky Crafts, pick something you like and challenge yourself to making it.
- You can, if you're rather masochistic like me, resolve to not buy any crafts supplies for at least 6 months and complete your works in progress (WIPs) rather than start new projects¦. Or you can just work on the last part and forget about the No-Buy stupidity I signed up for!
- Make crafts to be all set and ready for LeakyCon
Most motivational experts agree that if you want your goals to actually work and happen, you can drink this Motivation Concoction.
Remember that we're awarding incrementing MyLeaky points to everyone participating in the CAL:
- 1 MyLeaky point for signing up for a craft-along
- 1 MyLeaky point for keeping your resolution throughout the month of January
- 3 MyLeaky points per month for keeping your resolution throughout the months of February and March
- 5 MyLeaky points per month for keeping your resolution throughout the months of April and May
- 10 MyLeaky points per month for keeping your resolution throughout the months of June and July
- 25 MyLeaky points per month for keeping your resolution throughout the months of August and September
- 50 MyLeaky points per month for keeping your resolution throughout the months of October and November
- 100 MyLeaky points for keeping your resolution throughout the months of December
- 100 MyLeaky points for achieving your 2011 resolution (whenever that is during the year)
That's a lot of points people, so if you'll just sign this jinxed parchment, we'll get started!
We know that many of you don't visit the Leaky Lounge daily, preferring to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Livejournal or the Harry Potter Crafts Yahoo group. So rather than asking you to come to us this time around, we're coming to you where you normally follow us.
So, would you prefer to sign up for this Craft-Along on Livejournal insead? Share your newly finished WIPs by posting them in an album over at the Harry Potter Crafts Yahoo group? Ask your questions on Twitter? Well, you can just do so. We'll keep an eye on everything and share what you've made back in the Leaky Lounge threads for you. And if you add your MyLeaky username in your posts or picture descriptions, you'll still earn MyLeaky points! So get going!