Crafters Go Green!
Mar 31, 2010
Before you start worrying, we’re not asking you all to switch to Slytherin house!!
As many of you probably know, on April 22, many countries around the world will be celebrating Earth day. At the Leaky Cauldron’s Harry Potter Crafts, we thought we’d therefore keep going down our eco-friendly route we started on last month with our Craft-along and organize a contest!
In this case, you can enter in one of these two categories:
- Transfiguration Ã la green
Transfigure a mundane Muggle object into something that would make any wizard proud.
- Reducio, Repurposio, Recraftio
Conjure up something from scratch, using supplies from your stash and/or recycled items.How will we know if the supplies come from your stash, you ask? Honestly, we won’t… but the planet will. Enough said.
- Entries must be related to the Harry Potterverse. These entries can be interpreted loosely.
- By Muggle object, we mean any item that can be found in your house, such as a lamp, a rug, an old t-shirt, etc. By stash, we mean the supplies you currently have on hand in your house at the moment, such as yarn, glue, buttons, paper, glitter, etc. Recycled items would be any material used as craft supplies, even though it is not typically used as such (e.g. plastic bags to make plarn, plastic bags fused into durable plastic, #6 plastic to make Shrinky Dinks, etc.). Books made during the March 2010 Craft-along cannot be entered for this contest.
- As of April 1st (Happy birthday Fred and George!!), you may submit your entries to [email protected]. Please include:
- Your photos;
- A description of your craft (including the supplies you used and how they are recycled or come from your stash, etc.);
- The category you’re entering into;
- Your name and/or Leaky Lounge user name.
The Crafty Witches will award the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners, with 50, 25, and 10 MyLeaky House Points respectively. Whoever scratches the 1st place will also receive a prize by our very own Princess and Crochet Fiend, Crafty Witch Amber.
Click here to discuss this contest on Leaky Lounge, and to share what you have entered! Happy Crafting!